Welcome to our #43 episode of two & half gamers! In this episode we covered various topics:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:00 JK intro
- 03:14 Why India?
- 07:24 WE ARE BRUTALLY HONEST (as is my newsletter! Sign up)
- 07:55 Incredible talent in India
- 09:06 Ping JK for the PM role at LILA Games
- 10:30 Why build a shooter game?
- 13:00 Subgenre expansion
- 14:40 Look at how Felix is amazed by JK
- 15:35 Shooter Crazy shit articulation
- 15:52 Successful 4X characteristics
- 20:20 The amount of stress is enormous!
- 20:37 Who is this ghost talking?
- 21:40 Systems and vectors
- 22:25 Ads in shooter games
- 24:33 How to implement Ads into the game?
- 25:48 How to validate product controversy
- 27:02 Validation models
- 29:52 Throw me under the bus, BOYZ!
- 30:20 Marketability tests & market research
- 32:00 You need to be cool as JK to see trends in gaming
- 33:00 Is mobile F2P dead?
- 37:52 What if Ads monetization disappears?
- 38:48 What if Appstore won’t exist?
- 39:23 Apple is working on allowing sideloading in the EU
- 41:30 New business models in F2P?
- 42:32 Is really hard to get your company funded?
- 44:29 New buzzword Generative AI
- 46:41 Best advice on how to approach building new games or companies?
- 48:23 Remo is actually generated by AI
Special Guest: Joseph Kim
Please share the podcast with your industry friends, dogs & cats. Especially cats! They love it!
Hit the Subscribe button on Youtube, Spotify, and Apple!
If you are interested in getting UA tips every week on Monday, visit lancaric.me and sign up for the Brutally Honest newsletter by Matej Lancaric
Listen in to learn more!